Statute of participation in Puzzel conference from November 1st 2014.
1. ABOUT CONFERENCE
Wrocław Conference of Exact and Technical Sciences Students Puzzel 2015, called henceforth Conference, will be held from April 18th to April 19th 2015 in Wrocław.
Conference will take place in Biotechnology Educational and Research Complex at the University of Wrocław, at Fryderyk Joliot-Curie 14A Street, 50-383 Wrocław.
Conference has Polish nationwide character. In case of big amount registrations from foreigner science facilities, position of Conference can be altered to international.
Official languages of Conference are English and Polish.
Official source of information about Conference is at http://www.puzzel.plusuj.pl.
2. ORGANIZING AND SCIENCE COMMITTEE
Organizing committee of conference consists of:
– Students Scientific Association of Microscopy and Microphotography Silesia Optic from Wrocław University,
– Students Scientific Association of Construction and Non-Destructive Testing „EtaKsi” from Wrocław University of Technology,
– Students Scientific Association of Renewable Energy Sources „BioEnergia” from Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences,
– Biotechnology Students Scientific Association “Przybysz” from the University of Wrocław,
– Proffessor Rudolf Haimann Students Scientific Association of Materials Engineering from Wrocław University of Technology,
– Ph. D. Students Scientific Association Biomed from Wroclaw Medical University.
Organizing Committee constitutes Science Committee, consisting of above-mentioned Scientific Associations tutors.
Science Committee may also include scientists from remaining science fields represented at the Conference, not related with Scientific Associations.
Science Committee has competencies to:
– evaluate abstracts send by active participants of conference,
– evaluate and choose prizewinner from active participants of the Conference awarded honorable mention of Committee,
– review papers send after the Conference.
3. PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCE
Registration to the Conference is done only through the registration form available on the Conference website.
Participants can attend the Conference as a passive or active participant.
Participants are obligated to obey program presented by the Committee.
Passive participation in the Conference is free.
Active participants can take part in the Conference after paying 10zł fee, on account intimated by organizers.
Forms of active participation:
– 5-minute oral presentation regarding general scientific interests or conducted research, called henceforth lightning talk,
– 20-minute oral presentation regarding conducted research, projects or specific research interests, called henceforth oral presentation,
– presenting a scientific poster showing specific scientific interests of participant, research problem, as well as attempts to solve it or course of conducted research and its results, called henceforth poster. Minimal size of the poster is A1 size, maximal A0 size.
Participation in one of the forms of active participation doesn’t exclude a participant from taking part in other forms of active participation.
Active participants must send an abstract, which is brief description of planned presentation, devoid of references and images, not exceeding one page A4 size text without formatting. Abstract will be evaluated by Scientific Committee and is one of the criterions to be admitted into the Conference.
After the Conference, active participants are offered to prepare a paper, which after acceptance and review by Scientific Committee will be published in the Conference transcript in an electronic form, with ISBN number. Acceptance of paper written by the active participants to the Conference transcript is bound with sending declarations for transferring the copyrights laws.
Presentations and posters of active participants are evaluated through the time of Conference by all participants on Evaluation Form available at the registration desk.
One participant of Conference can choose three presentations, which he or she finds the most interesting from each category: lightning talk, oral presentation and poster.
Votes of participants are counted at the end of Conference. Verdict is presented after all Conference sessions are finished.
Prizewinners are awarded a voucher for publication in magazine “Open Innovations,” voucher for 3D printing of a particle and other awards from sponsors.
Besides the contest, participants can be awarded by Scientific Committee.